Maple Lawn Homeowners Association, Inc. Rules for Use of the Pool
Please complete the form below to agree to the rules for use of the pool. Completion is required before access to the pool can be granted through AmenityLInc.
The following are posted rules to be observed by all Owners, their children, and Owner’s guests and tenants while at the Maple Lawn Pool Facility and surrounding areas. All pool rules are to be obeyed. The Maryland Health Department mandates many of the posted rules and all of the rules are for our Owner’s safety and enjoyment:
- Owners, their children, Owner’s guests and tenants use the pool facilities at their own risk. The Association assumes no responsibility for any accident or injury, in connection with such use or for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Owners/Tenants/Residents and their families living at the same address are allowed pool access subject to the rules herein.
- Individuals in the Pool Facility without approved access will be asked to leave.
- Only lifeguards and HOA Management may check if a user has properly signed in. If anyone would like to question if a user has properly signed in, they must inform pool or HOA employees who will perform the re-verification.
- Every household is provided 10 complimentary one-use guest passes. Guest admittance is tallied at the pool and every person, regardless of age counts as a “pool user”. Once Owners/tenants have used their initial 10 entries, Owners/tenants may purchase additional guest passes at $5.00 per person. There is no refund at the end of the season for unused entries. Currently, guest passes cannot be used on Memorial Day Weekend. OWNER/TENANT MUST BE PRESENT WITH GUEST.
- Each household may purchase 1 childcare provider/nanny pass for $30, which will be valid for the entire pool season.
- Only 10 guests per household are allowed entry on any given day. Groups over 10 (maximum of 20) must rent a party space. This limitation is subject to additional rules regarding parties at the pool, as further stated in these rules.
- Renting the Cabana/Snack Room: Rental of these spaces is on a first come-first served basis. There is a 2-hour maximum time limit on all parties. All guests must leave the Pool Facility within 30 minutes after the party has ended. Owners with pool privileges do not count against guest totals. Rental use of the snack room or pavilion does not entitle renters to pool access. Party host/Owner must provide adequate supervision. If the party is for a child under ten years old, there must be at least 1 adult chaperone for every 5 children. The Owner holding the party is responsible for inquiring and determining whether any of their guests are not water safe. Any such children must be supervised and accompanied by an adult at all times. Please see HOA Rental Rules and Contract for further information.
- No person is permitted in the Pool Facility unless it is officially open and the lifeguards are on duty.
- Pool hours will be posted at the pool. Please note: There are occasions when the pool must be closed and all users must leave the facility. For instance, as required by the Health Department of the State of Maryland, the pool may be closed at any time due to weather (rain, thunder, lightning, etc.), pool pump or associated equipment failure, operational defects, contaminated water, high water temperature (chemicals cannot react properly), and Howard County Inspections. The pool may also be closed for Maple Lawn Swim Team (with Board approval), or other unavoidable causes as necessary.
- Lifeguards are present to ensure the safety of all patrons. Parents are responsible for their children at all times. Effective 03/15/2022 Page 2 of 5
- Minor residents 14 and older may come to the pool unaccompanied by an adult provided they meet applicable residency and identification standards. Residents 14 and older may also accompany one guest age 13 and younger in lieu of an adult resident. a. Residents age 10 – 13 may use the pool without adult supervision provided they have passed a water safety test. b. Residents age 9 and younger must have supervision of a resident age 14 or older. c. Residents age 14 and older can bring a guest who is age 14 or older. Guest pass rules apply.
- Anyone not toilet trained or incontinent must wear a swim diaper or diaper covered by tight fitting waterproof pants in main pool and kiddie pool.
- Lifeguards do not monitor the Kiddie Pool. Parents must be present at all times and are responsible for their children.
- The Kiddie Pool is limited to children 6 years old and under. All children must be accompanied by a parent or child-care giver.
- No running or boisterous or rough play is permitted in the pool, in dressing rooms, restrooms/shower rooms or the pool deck area.
- At the discretion of the lifeguards, swimmers wishing to swim in the deep end of the pool may be required to take a swimming test. The test will be administered by the lifeguards. Swimmers that do not pass the test cannot swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is not be permitted in the Pool Facility.
- No person may enter or use the Pool Facility while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Glass bottles or other hazardous objects are not permitted within the Pool Facility/Restrooms.
- All animals, with the exception of service animals, are prohibited within the Pool Facility.
- Diving is not permitted.
- No gum on the pool deck.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited in the Community Center, the Pool Facility, and surrounding grounds.
- Radios and CD players may be played only with earphones or at a volume that does not disturb others.
- Floats or inflatables other than noodles, pre-swimmer safety devices, accessibility devices, or small inflatable balls/toys are not allowed in the pool.
- Chairs may not be reserved for persons who leave the Pool Facility or who are expected to arrive later. Chairs may not be placed in the pool.
- Persons having or reasonably suspected to have any considerable area of exposed subepidermal tissue, cuts, or known or recognizable contagious or communicable diseases, cough, cold, open sore, blister, bandaged wound, fever, inflammation of the eyes, nasal or ear discharges shall not be allowed to enter the pool water.
- Spitting, urinating, blowing of the nose, spouting of water or depositing foreign matter in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Revealing or see-through bathing suits, thongs, and clothing generally considered offensive are not permitted in the Pool Facility. Please refer to the thong chart.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only. Effective 03/15/2022 Page 3 of 5
- At the discretion of the Lifeguards, there may be a 10-minute break each hour for lap swimming, pool walking, or swimming lessons.
- The basketball apparatus must be used safely. Dunking is not permitted. Only Maple Lawn provided balls may be used. At their discretion, Lifeguards may remove balls from use based on the behavior of the participants. Ignoring lifeguard warnings will result in immediate expulsion. Be respectful of others and don’t monopolize the hoop.
- Owners, their children and the Owner’s guests and tenants must comply with all published pool rules. The Association reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or eject from the pool premises, any persons failing to comply with any health and safety regulations.
- Proper respect and cooperation are due the lifeguards. All users must abide by the rules stated herein and the lifeguards have the authority to enforce the rules. The lifeguards may demand that any patron leave the Pool Facility if the rules are not being followed and may report the incident to onsite management resulting in the potential pool/community center privileges being revoked. If a user refuses to leave the Pool Facility, Maple Lawn reserves the right to call the police to escort the user out of the facility, and the user’s right to use the facility may be suspended.
- Lifeguards, at their discretion, may stop games, activities, and participation by pool guests for infractions, unsafe play, bullying, taunting, or other actions that can result in injury or distress to any patron.
- Lifeguards, at their discretion, may discipline residents for misbehavior by setting a period of time that the resident must stay out of the pool.
38. Pool Facility users agree not to enter or use the Pool Facility if they are sick, been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, within the time period recommended by the appropriate government agency.
39. Pool Facility users may not allow other persons into the Pool Facility.
40. Due to the health risks associated with COVID-19, any user of the Pool Facility who fails to comply with these Rules shall have their right to use the Pool Facility revoked immediately. Any Resident whose rights have been revoked will be invited to address the Board of Directors to discuss the violation and whether the Resident’s use of the Pool Facility should be reinstated.
41. Pool furniture will be available for use. Pool users are responsible for cleaning all furniture prior to and following use. Sanitizing wipes will be provided.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
All persons making use of the Pool and Community Center and Guest Pass privileges and using any of the Community common grounds recreational facilities agree to abide by the rules and regulations for use of the facilities. Use of facilities is at the user’s sole risk and responsibility.
The Association and the Board of Directors do not assume responsibility for any occurrence, accident or injury in connection with such use. No Owner shall make any claim against the Board of Directors, the Association, their servants, agents, or employees, for or on account of any loss or damage to life, limb or property sustained as a result or in connection with any such use of any of the recreational or common facilities. Each Owner shall hold the Board of Directors, the Association and Managing Agent harmless from any and all liabilities and any action of any nature by any tenants, guests, invitees or licensee of such Owner as a result of the use of the recreational or common facilities, except where such loss, injury or damage can clearly be proved to have resulted from and been proximately caused by the direct gross negligence of the Board, the Association or their agents, servants or employees in the operation, care or maintenance of such facilities.
The cost of property damage repairs or other expenses arising from the violation of these rules, including but not limited to damage to the building, recreational facilities, or other Community Areas or equipment, caused by an Owner, their children and/or such Owner’s guests or tenants will be charged to the Owner responsible.
MAPLE LAWN HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. POOL AND COMMUNITY CENTER USER AGREEMENT
I hereby certify that I have received, read and agree to comply with all provisions of the current Maple Lawn Homeowners Association, Inc. “Rules for Use of the Pool” as they are to be presented to the Board of Directors.
I further agree that my use of the Pool and its related facilities is generally on an unsupervised basis and is at my sole risk, responsibility and liability.
I hereby agree on behalf of myself, my family, other occupants and/or tenants that reside at the noted address and my guests to indemnify and hold free and harmless the Association, the Board of Directors, and Managing Agent from any and all claims of any nature arising from my use of the Pool and Community Center and its related facilities. I hereby accept full responsibility for any and all damage to the Pool and Community Center and its related facilities, equipment, furnishings and accessories arising from my use of the Pool and Community Center and its related facilities. I have also relayed this information to all members of the household and will review it with any guests or tenants I bring to the pool.
I have been provided, and have read the pool rules and agree to indemnify the property and the pool management company from any loss incurred as a result of my failure to comply with those rules. As a parent or guardian, I understand my primary responsibility is for the safety of the individual(s) under my care.