Turning Off Reservations / Walk In Mode
With changing regulations regarding COVID and capacity restrictions, you may decide to turn off reservations for your amenity space. If capacity is ever an issue, we still recommend turning on reservations to create a better experience for residents. That said, if you want to disable reservations, here are some recommended steps.
Close off your space for reservations
- Navigate to your Space Category by going to manage.cove.is/space-categories and then selecting the category the amenity space is listed under.
- Select the Space you’d like to close for reservations (e.g. Swimming Pool).
- Update the Description to explain that the space will not be reservable. For example: “ As a result of recent changes to COVID restrictions, reservations will no longer be required. Use your Pool Pass on the Home screen to check in at the pool.”
- Scroll down to Open Hours, uncheck Use Property Hours and mark the space as Closed on all days or specific days you will not be requiring reservations. Save your changes.
Create a Highlight to communicate these changes
- Navigate to your Highlights on the lefthand menu bar.
- Duplicate an existing highlight or create a new one, then update the message and title to explain the schedule changes. For example:
“As a result of recent changes to COVID restrictions, reservations will no longer be required. Use your Pool Pass on the Home screen to check in at the pool.”
Now that you’ve disabled reservations for the space, you’re in Walk-In Mode. In this mode, residents can check in with their QR code / pool pass on the Check In Tablet even when they don’t have a reservation. See more information about this in our Check In App guide.